Ag Workforce Development Council's Labor Road Show III
Wednesday, November 20, 2019,
8:30 AM -
All New York farm employers are affected by new laws that take effect beginning January 1, 2020! New York Labor Road Show III is your opportunity to learn about the changes and position your business for compliance and success in a very different environment.
- Charles Palmer - Chuck is a go-to lawyer for complex cases involving OSHA, em-ployment law, labor negotiations, independent contractor and joint employment mat-ters. Clients rely on his years of experience in dealing with state and federal enforce-ment agencies to develop human resource, safety and environmental policies and prac-tices that prevent problems and save them significant expense.
- Joshua Viau - Josh works with a variety of national and local clients including em-ployers in agriculture, manufacturing, construction, hospitality, and retail. He is the former Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the Georgia State Bar and is active in several business groups. Josh has been selected to the Best Lawyers in Ameri-ca since 2017, and was recognized as a Georgia Super Lawyer since 2015 and Georgia Su-per Lawyer – Rising Star from 2006 through 2014.
- Compliance with Wage and Hour Laws: Overtime and Day-of-Rest Requirements
- Understanding Unions and Labor Organizing
- Managing the Collective Bargaining Process
- The Increasing Importance of Farm Supervisors
- Sexual Harassment Prevention: Updates to the NY Law
- Compliance Priorities and Enforcement Plans for 2020, NYS Department of Labor
- Industry Quality Assurance Program Updates
- Insurance Update: Disability, Paid Family Leave, and Employment Practices Liability, What is Available?
6300 Arsenal Street
Watertown, NY 13601
Last updated October 7, 2019