Timber with Peter Smallidge
Saturday, November 16, 2019,
10:00 AM -
Peter Smallidge is a Senior Extension Associate focusing on productive and healthy forest ecosystems, best forestry practices, and educating landowners on managing their woodlands.
Topics to include:
- Tree identification - without leaves
- Using a scale stick to estimate the volume of lumber or firewood in a tree (each participant will receive a scale stick)
- Crop Tree Management - a strategy to concentrate growth on the best trees
- Using an angle gauge to assess tree competition for sunlight
- Open discussion with participants about their questions on any forestry topics, including but not limited to: Emerald ash borer, deer, impacts to seedlings, arranging a timber sale, working with foresters, maple syrup production, horse logging vs. machines, etc.
Fort Drum Natural Resources Outreach Facility Bldg. S-2507
NYS Route 26
Fort Drum, NY 13603
Last updated October 28, 2019