Hungry for History
Saturday, June 4, 2022,
10:00 AM -
Celebrate Jefferson County's Cheesemaking Heritage!
- Tour Historic Stone Mills and learn about Jefferson County's Dairy Heritage
- Eat specialty cheese dishes at a local restaurant or food truck
- Tour local dairy farms and sample cheese at participating locations
- Watch cooking demonstrations using local cheese
- Enter to win prizes and raffles
Pick up your brochure and punch card at our office the week of the event, or your first stop the day of the event!
Wondering where your first stop will be?! Choose any of the following businesses:
Stone Mills Museum - LaFargeville
- 10 AM - 2 PM
- Explore the historic Stone Mills Museum! You can also visit with staff from CCE Jefferson, get free cheese samples from Great Lakes Cheese, and watch a food demonstration (that involves cheese, of course!).
Watertown Saturday Farmers Market - Watertown
- 9 AM - 2 PM
- Visit with local producers and watch a food demonstration from a CCE Nutrition Educator.
Flashback Brewing Company - Watertown
- 3 PM - 10 PM
- Serving fried cheese from local producers!
- Check Facebook page for times and locations!
- Serving a specialty cheese dish.
Bella's - Clayton
- 11 AM - 3 PM
- Serving local cheese on multiple dishes.
Johnny D's Food Truck - parked at Swan Bay Resort and Marina
- Serving poutine made with fresh Great Lakes Cheese curd!
View the flyer for this event!
Last updated June 1, 2022