In 2018, Jefferson County 4-H youth participated in Student Spaceflight Experiments Program. Through an experiment design competition, a student team from H.T. Wiley’s 4-H Program was selected to send their experiment to the International Space Station! Their experiment, which focuses on removal of rust in space, will be accompanied by two mission patches - one grade K-6 design and one grade 7-12 design. You could be the designer of a mission patch that will go to outer space!
1. In order to be accepted, mission patch designs must fit into a 3.5 inch x 3.5 inch space. The design can be any shape (round, square, shield, etc.) as long as it fits in the box (below). Design images must be appropriate. Patch designs should focus on space science education, careers, and experiments. Designs may incorporate the 4-H logo, but are not required to.
2. Designs can be black and white or full color. Patch designs can be created using the following mediums: pen, pencil, colored pencil, crayon, marker, or graphic design software.
3. Designs can be created on this paper, on separate paper, or in digital file format.
4. All submissions must include the following:
Phone Number: _____________________
6. The Deadline for Submissions is February 25, 2019. The final design will be selected by the 4-H Advisory Committee on March 1, 2019. All submissions should be mailed to:
Attn: Lisa Vaughn
203 North Hamilton St.
Watertown, NY 13601
- or emailed to: email@example.com
To view the flyer, please click here!