Outdoor Adventure Day at Fort Drum
Saturday, August 15, 2020,
10:00 AM -
A day filled with air rifle, archery, camping, agriculture, geocaching, climbing wall, wildland fire, firearm safety, outdoor cooking, law enforcement, geology & mining, fishing & fly tying, trapping & skinning, wildlife management, wilderness survival, and more!
Directions to the event:
From Interstate 81:
- Take Exit 48A to Interstate I-781.
- Travel 4.0 miles to Exit 4 (the only exit) before the Fort Drum Main Gate. At the stoplights at the bottom of the ramp, turn left onto US 11 North.
- Travel approximately 3.0 miles to NYS Route 26 (at Evans Mills) and turn right.
- Travel approximately 5.0 miles (past the stoplights going to Wheeler-Sack Army Airfield) and turn left into the driveway ("Natural Resources Permits" is on a green sign). Parking is in the grassy field behind the building (adjacent to Munn’s Corners Road)—follow the signs.
From NYS Rt. 3:
- In Great Bend at the junction of NYS Route 3 and NYS Route 26, travel west on NYS Route 26 approximately 0.3 miles over the Black River.
- Turn right into the driveway ("Natural Resources Permits" is on a green sign). Parking is in the grassy field behind the building (adjacent to Munn’s Corners Road)—follow the signs.
Free & Open to the Public
Natural Resources Outreach Facility Bldg. 2507
NYS Rte 26
Fort Drum, NY 13601
Last updated January 29, 2020