Outdoor Adventure Day at Fort Drum
Saturday, August 18, 2018,
10:00 AM -
A day filled with archery, agriculture, fishing & fly tying, air rifle shooting, camping, sailing & boating, geocaching, law enforcement, geology & mining, wildland fire, climbing wall, trapping & skinning, wildlife management, firearm safety, outdoor cooking, timber sports, forest products, and more!
Directions to the event:
From Interstate 81:
- Take Exit 48A to Interstate I-781.
- Travel 4.0 miles to Exit 4 (the only exit) before the Fort Drum Main Gate. At the stoplights at the bottom of the ramp, turn left onto US 11 North.
- Travel approximately 3.0 miles to NYS Route 26 (at Evans Mills) and turn right.
- Travel approximately 5.0 miles (past the stoplights going to Wheeler-Sack Army Airfield) and turn left into the driveway ("Natural Resources Permits" is on a green sign). Parking is in the grassy field behind the building (adjacent to Munn’s Corners Road)—follow the signs.
From NYS Rt. 3:
- In Great Bend at the junction of NYS Route 3 and NYS Route 26, travel west on NYS Route 26 approximately 0.3 miles over the Black River.
- Turn right into the driveway ("Natural Resources Permits" is on a green sign). Parking is in the grassy field behind the building (adjacent to Munn’s Corners Road)—follow the signs.
Natural Resources Outreach Facility Bldg. 2507
NYS Rte 26
Fort Drum, NY 13601