Resources and Recommendations for Our Agricultural Community
EIDL Application Re-Opening for Ag Businesses!
If you are an ag business that was unable to take advantage of the SBA EIDL Loan/Advance Program there is good news! The re-opening of the portal is for agricultural businesses that were previously ineligible for the program. New non-agricultural business applications will not be accepted.
The portal will be opened for a limited period, and it is recommended that you apply as soon as possible. The link to the portal will be: http://www.sba.gov/Disaster
If you have already applied under the streamlined application (March 30th to program closure), there is no need to re-apply.
Primary recommendations for farmers and their labor forces:
- Increase cleaning of common areas.
- Increase social distancing through alternative scheduling or modified tasks to keep employees 6 ft from one another.
- Communicate and encourage employees to be transparent about their own health and to stay home if feeling ill.
- Limit or decrease significantly on farm meetings of 5 or more individuals as well as meetings outside consultants unless absolutely essential.
The following links provide recommended resources and best practices for the farming community.
- North Country Ag Team Blog Post
- Video Training on Covid Safety
- NYS Ag & Markets Updates
- Farm Bureau News and Updates
- H2A Information
- CARES Act
- USDA Food Assistance Program
- Managing Stress
- Dairy Market Update
- Using Surplus Milk as Fertilizer
- Reducing Milk Flow without Harming Cows or Future Production
- Gardening During COVID-19
Last updated May 4, 2020